Wednesday, 8 February 2012

BERLINALE TALENT CAMPUS



I’m about to brace my buckles and fly in a plane – which is neck and neck with ‘hacking off my own fingers with a rusty spoon’ on my list of favourite activities. Luckily it’s for a damned good reason; I’m heading out to the Berlin Film Festival to take part in the Berlinale Talent Campus. The program for the campus looks excellent, with masterclasses from Mike Leigh, Werner Herzog, Nuri Bilge Ceylan and Juliet Binoche. Oh, and Andie MacDowell. That’s right - Four Weddings, Loreal. She’s gonna be there.

So I’ve been dusting down some of my film projects in the build up to the festival. Pictured above is a mood board I put together for a psychological thriller I’m working on. I have a few friends who use mood boards (here's a good one) and I got into the habit last year. They can be time consuming to put together but are a great reminder of what you set out to do. I’m using this one (which is mostly made up of film stills) to orientate the development of a feature script called Bitter Memoirs. It’s a dark version of the rags to riches story, where worldly fulfillment leads to moral ruin. That sounds a little bleak but my protagonist's descent into the maelstrom is going to be a hell of a lot of fun. Until he gets stabbed.   

I’ll be tweeting from Berlin like a bastard Chaffinch, so if you want to chart what may be the gradual unraveling of my soul in a haze of Germanic excess, do check in. Till then, tschuss! 


No comments:

Post a Comment